58*. Symptom specific differential motor network modulation by deep brain stimulation in Parkinson’s disease, William S Gibson1, Aaron E Rusheen, Yoonbae Oh, MyungHo In, Krzysztof R Gorny, Joel P Felmlee, Bryan T Klassen, Sung Jun Jung, Hoon-Ki Min, Kendall H Lee, Hang Joon Jo*, Journal of Neurosurgery, (In Press).
57*. Differential diagnosis and comorbid physical illness of schizophrenia, Tae Young Lee1, Hang Joon Jo*, 2021, Journal of Korean Medical Association, 64(8):551-558.
56. Brain functions and cognition on transient insulin deprivation in type 1 diabetes, Ana L Creo, Tiffany M Cortes, Hang Joon Jo, Andrea R Huebner, Surendra Dasari, Jan-Mendelt Tillema, Aida N Lteif, Katherine A Klaus, Gregory N Ruegsegger, Yogish C Kudva, Ronald C Petersen, John D Port, K Sreekumaran Nair, 2021, JCI Insight, 6(5), e144014.
55. Serial Perfusion and Vascular Changes after a Prolonged Seizure, Hye Lee Yoo, Young-Jin Choi, Jin-Hwa Moon, Hang Joon Jo, Dong Woo Park, 2021, Annals of Child Neurology, 29(1), 57-60.
54*. The benefit of high-performance gradient on echo planar imaging for BOLD-based resting-state functional MRI, Daehun Kang1, Hang Joon Jo1, Myung-Ho In, Uten Yarach, Nolan Meyer, Lydia Bardwell-Speltz, Erin M Gray, Joshua D Trzasko, John Huston III, Matt A Bernstein, Yunhong Shu*, 2020, Physics in Medicine and Biology, 65(23), 235024.
53. The effect of spiral trajectory correction on pseudo‐continuous arterial spin labeling with high‐performance gradients on a compact 3T scanner, Daehun Kang, Uten Yarach, Myung‐Ho In, Erin M Gray, Joshua D Trzasko, Hang Joon Jo, Yunhong Shu, John Huston III, Matt A Bernstein, 2020, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 84(1), 192-205.
52. Classification of femur fracture in pelvic X-ray images using meta-learned deep neural network, Changhwan Lee, Jongseong Jang, Seunghun Lee, Young Soo Kim, Hang Joon Jo, Yeesuk Kim, 2020, Scientific Reports, 10, 13694.
51*. Multivariate pattern classification on BOLD activation pattern induced by deep brain stimulation in motor, associative, and limbic brain networks, Shinho Cho1, Hoon-Ki Min, Myung-Ho In, Hang Joon Jo*, 2020, Scientific Reports, 10, 7528.
50*. Fast detection and reduction of local transient artifacts in resting-state fMRI, Hang Joon Jo1,*, Richard C Reynolds, Stephen J Gotts, Daniel A Handwerker, Irena G Balzekas, Alex Martin, Robert W Cox, Peter A Bandettini, 2020, Computers in Biology and Medicine, 120, 103742.
49. Semi-supervised training data selection improves seizure forecasting in canines with epilepsy, Mona Nasseri, Vaclav Kremen, Petr Nejedly, Inyong Kim, Su-Youne Chang, Hang Joon Jo, Hari Guragain, Nathaniel Nelson, Edward Patterson, Beverly K Sturges, Chelsea M Crowe, Tim Denison, Benjamin H Brinkmann, Gregory A Worrell, 2020, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 57, 101743.
48*. Resting-state functional connectivity modulates the BOLD activation induced by nucleus accumbens stimulation in the swine brain, Shinho Cho1, Jan T Hachmann, Irena Balzekas, Myung-Ho In, Lindsey G Andres-Beck, Kendall H Lee, Hoon-Ki Min, Hang Joon Jo*, 2019, Brain and Behavior, 9(12), e01431.
47*. Nuclei-specific thalamic connectivity predicts seizure frequency in drug-resistant medial temporal lobe epilepsy, Hang Joon Jo1,*, Daniel L Kenny-Jung, Irena Balzekas, Eduardo E Benarroch, David T Jones, Benjamin H Brinkmann, S Matt Stead, Jamie J Van Gompel, Kirk M Welker, Gregory A Worrell, 2019, NeuroImage: Clinical, 21, 101671.
46*. Mapping BOLD activation by pharmacologically evoked tremor in swine, Jeyeon Lee1, Hang Joon Jo1, Inyong Kim, Jihyun Lee, Hoon-Ki Min, Myung-Ho In, Emily J Knight, Su-youne Chang*, 2019, Frontiers in Neuroscience, 13, 985.
45*. Relationship between seizure frequency and functional abnormalities in limbic network of medial temporal lobe epilepsy, Hang Joon Jo1,*, Daniel L Kenney-Jung, Kirk M Welker, David T Jones, Irena G Balzekas, Paul E Croarkin, Eduardo E Benarroch, Gregory A Worrell*, 2019, Frontiers in Neurology, 10, 488.
44. Neural evidence for persistent attentional bias to threats in patients with social anxiety disorder, So-Yeon Kim, Jung Eun Shin, Yoonji Irene Lee, Haena Kim, Hang Joon Jo, Soo-Hee Choi, 2018, Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 13(12), 1327-1336.
43. Exploring brain functional connectivity in rest and sleep states: a fNIRS study, Thien Nguyen, Olajide Babawale, Tae Kim, Hang Joon Jo, Hanli Liu, Jae Gwan Kim, 2018, Scientific Reports, 8(1), 16144.
42. Right hemisphere lateralization in neural connectivity within fronto-parietal networks in non-human primates during a visual reaching task, Jeyeon Lee, Hoseok Choi, Seho Lee, Kyung-Ha Ahn, Hang Joon Jo, In-Young Kim, Dong Pyo Jang, Kyoung-Min Lee, 2018, Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 12, 286.
41. Integrating brain implants with local and distributed computing devices: a next generation epilepsy management system, Vaclav Kremen, Benjamin H Brinkmann, Inyong Kim, Hari Guragain, Mona Nasseri, Abigail L Magee, Tal Pal Attia, Petr Nejedly, Vladimir Sladky, Nathanial Nelson, Su-Youne Chang, Jeffrey A Herron, Tom Adamski, Steven Baldassano, Jan Cimbalnik, Vince Vasoli, Elizabeth Fehrmann, Tom Chouinard, Edward E Patterson, Brian Litt, Matt Stead, Jamie Van Gompel, Beverly K Sturges, Hang Joon Jo, Chelsea M Crowe, Timothy Denison, Gregory A Worrell, 2018, IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 6, 2168-2372.
40. Aberrant structural-functional coupling in adult cannabis users, Dae-Jin Kim, Ashley Schnakenberg, Yong-Wook Shin, Hang Joon Jo, Hu Cheng, Sharlene Newman, Olaf Sporns, Bill Hetrick, Eli Calkins, BF O’Donnell, 2018, Human Brain Mapping, 40(1), 252-261.
39*. Altered amygdala resting-state functional connectivity and hemispheric asymmetry in patients with social anxiety disorder, Ye-Ha Jung, Jung Eun Shin, Yoonji Lee, Joon Hwan Jang, Hang Joon Jo*, Soo-Hee Choi*, 2018, Frontiers in Psychiatry, 9, 164.
38*. The relationship between dopamine neurotransmitter dynamics and the blood-oxygen-level-dependent (BOLD) signal: A review of pharmacological functional magnetic resonance imaging, Tyler J Bruinsma1, Vidur V Sarma, Yoonbae Oh, Dong Pyo Jang, Su-Youne Chang, Greg A Worrell, Val J Lowe, Hang Joon Jo*, Hoon-Ki Min*, 2018, Frontiers in Neuroscience, 12, 238.
37. Cortical inhibitory markers of lifetime suicidal behavior in depressed adolescents, Charles P Lewis, Paul A Nakonezny, Caren J Blacker, Jennifer L Vande Voort, John D Port, Gregory A Worrell, Hang Joon Jo, Zafiris J Daskalakis, Paul E Croarkin, 2018, Neuropsychopharmacology, 43, 1822-1831.
36*. A pilot study of GABAB correlates with resting-state functional connectivity in five depressed female adolescents, Irena Balzekas1, Charles P Lewis, Julia Shekunov, John D Port, Gregory A Worrell, Hang Joon Jo*, Paul E Croarkin, 2018, Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 279, 60-63.
35*. Global network modulation during thalamic stimulation for Tourette syndrome, Hang Joon Jo1, Kevin W McCairn, William S Gibson, Paola Testini, Cong Zhi Zhao, Krzysztof R Gorny, Joel P Felmlee, Kirk M Welker, Charles D Blaha, Bryan T Klassen, Hoon-Ki Min*, Kendall H Lee*, 2018, NeuroImage: Clinical, 18, 502-509.
34. Multimodal discrimination of schizophrenia using hybrid weighted feature concatenation of brain functional connectivity and anatomical features with an extreme learning machine, Muhammad Naveed Iqbal Qureshi, Jooyoung Oh, Dongrae Cho, Hang Joon Jo, Boreom Lee, 2017, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 11, 59.
33*. Correction of metal-induced susceptibility artifacts for functional MRI during deep brain stimulation, Myung-Ho In1, Shinho Cho, Yunhong Shu, Hoon-Ki Min, Matt A Bernstein, Oliver Speck, Kendall H Lee, Hang Joon Jo*, 2017, NeuroImage, 158, 26-36.
32*. Functional organization of the human posterior cingulate cortex, revealed by multiple connectivity‐based parcellation methods, Jungho Cha1, Hang Joon Jo*, William S Gibson, Jong‐Min Lee, 2017, Human Brain Mapping, 38(6), 2808-2818.
31. Multi-modal, multi-measure, and multi-class discrimination of ADHD with hierarchical feature extraction and extreme learning machine using structural and functional brain MRI, Muhammad Naveed Iqbal Qureshi, Jooyoung Oh, Beomjun Min, Hang Joon Jo, Boreom Lee, 2017, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 11, 157.
30. Functional circuitry effect of ventral tegmental area deep brain stimulation: imaging and neurochemical evidence of mesocortical and mesolimbic pathway modulation, Megan L Settell, Paola Testini, Shinho Cho, Jannifer H Lee, Charles D Blaha, Hang Joon Jo, Kendall H Lee, Hoon-Ki Min, 2017, Frontiers in Neuroscience, 11, 104.
29*. Functional correlates of the therapeutic and adverse effects evoked by thalamic stimulation for essential tremor, William S Gibson1, Hang Joon Jo1, Paola Testini, Shinho Cho, Joel P Felmlee, Kirk M Welker, Bryan T Klassen, Hoon-Ki Min, Kendall H Lee*, 2016, Brain, 139(8), 2198-2210.
28. Dopamine release in the nonhuman primate caudate and putamen depends upon site of stimulation in the subthalamic nucleus, Hoon-Ki Min, Erika K Ross, Hang Joon Jo, Shinho Cho, Megan L Settell, Ju Ho Jeong, Penelope S Duffy, Su-Youne Chang, Kevin E Bennet, Charles D Blaha, Kendall H Lee, 2016, Journal of Neuroscience, 36(22), 6022-6029.
27. Diminished quality of life and increased brain functional connectivity in patients with hypothyroidism after total thyroidectomy, Yong-Wook Shin, Yun Mi Choi, Ho Sung Kim, Dae-Jin Kim, Hang Joon Jo, Brian F O’Donnell, Eun Kyung Jang, Tae Yong Kim, Young Kee Shong, Jin Pyo Hong, Won Bae Kim, 2016, Thyroid, 26(5), 641-649.
26. Multiclass classification for the differential diagnosis on the ADHD subtypes using recursive feature elimination and hierarchical extreme learning machine: structural MRI study, Muhammad Naveed Iqbal Qureshi, Beomjun Min, Hang Joon Jo, Boreom Lee, 2016, PloS one, 11(8), e0160697.
25. The neural basis of a deficit in abstract thinking in patients with schizophrenia, Jooyoung Oh, Ji-Won Chun, Hang Joon Jo, Eunseong Kim, Hae-Jeong Park, Boreom Lee, Jae-Jin Kim, 2015, Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, 234(1), 66-73.
24. Assessment of functional characteristics of amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease using various methods of resting-state FMRI analysis, Jungho Cha, Jung-Min Hwang, Hang Joon Jo, Sang Won Seo, Duk L Na, Jong-Min Lee, 2015, BioMed research international, 2015, 907464.
23. Longitudinal changes in resting-state brain activity in a capsular infarct model, Donghyeon Kim, Ra Gyung Kim, Hyung-Sun Kim, Jin-Myung Kim, Sung Chan Jun, Boreom Lee, Hang Joon Jo, Pedro R Neto, Min-Cheol Lee, Hyoung-Ihl Kim, 2015, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 35(1), 11-19.
22. Functional interhemispheric asymmetry of resting state brain controlling anatomical asymmetry in schizophrenia, Sung Nyun Kim, Hang Joon Jo, Tae Young Lee, Joon Hwan Jang, Jun Soo Kwon, 2014, Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 8, 112.
21. Increased resting-state functional connectivity between the anterior cingulate cortex and the precuneus in panic disorder, Yong-Wook Shin, Mario Dzemidzic, Hang Joon Jo, Zaiyang Long, Carla Medlock, Ulrike Dydak, Andrew W Goddard, 2013, Journal of Affective Disorders, 150(3), 1091-1095.
20*. Two distinct forms of functional lateralization in the human brain, Stephen J Gotts1, Hang Joon Jo1,*, Gregory L Wallace, Ziad S Saad, Robert W Cox, Alex Martin, 2013, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110(36), 3435-3444.
19. Correcting brain-wide correlation differences in resting-state FMRI, Ziad S Saad, Richard C Reynolds, Hang Joon Jo, Stephen J Gotts, Gang Chen, Alex Martin, Robert W Cox, Brain Connectivity, 2013, 3(4), 339-352.
18*. Effective preprocessing procedures virtually eliminate distance-dependent motion artifacts in resting state FMRI, Hang Joon Jo1,*, Stephen J Gotts, Richard C Reynolds, Peter A Bandettini, Alex Martin, Robert W Cox, Ziad S Saad, 2013, Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2013, 935154.
17. Functional alteration patterns of default mode networks: comparisons of normal aging, amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease, Jungho Cha, Hang Joon Jo, Hee Jin Kim, Sang Won Seo, Han‐Soo Kim, Uicheul Yoon, Hyunjin Park, Duk L Na, Jong‐Min Lee, European Journal of Neuroscience, 2013, 37(12), 1916-1924.
16. The perils of global signal regression for group comparisons: a case study of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Stephen J Gotts, Ziad S Saad, Hang Joon Jo, Gregory L Wallace, Robert W Cox, Alex Martin, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 2013, 7, 356.
15. The effect of meditation on brain structure: cortical thickness mapping and diffusion tensor imaging, Do-Hyung Kang, Hang Joon Jo, Wi Hoon Jung, Sun Hyung Kim, Ye-Ha Jung, Chi-Hoon Choi, Ul Soon Lee, Seung Chan An, Joon Hwan Jang, Jun Soo Kwon, Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, 2013, 8(1), 27-33.
14*. Quantifying agreement between anatomical and functional interhemispheric correspondences in the resting brain, Hang Joon Jo1,*, Ziad S Saad, Stephen J Gotts, Alex Martin, Robert W Cox, 2012, PloS one, 7(11), e48847.
13. Regional thinning of cerebral cortical thickness in first‐episode and chronic schizophrenia, June Sic Kim, Chun Kee Chung, Hang Joon Jo, Jong Min Lee, Jun Soo Kwon, 2012, International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, 22(1), 73-80.
12. Trouble at rest: how correlation patterns and group differences become distorted after global signal regression, Ziad S Saad, Stephen J Gotts, Kevin Murphy, Gang Chen, Hang Joon Jo, Alex Martin, Robert W Cox, 2012, Brain Connectivity, 2(1), 25-32.
11*. Mapping sources of correlation in resting state FMRI, with artifact detection and removal, Hang Joon Jo1, Ziad S Saad*, W Kyle Simmons, Lydia A Milbury, Robert W Cox, 2010, NeuroImage, 52(2), 571-582.
10. Spatial distribution of deep sulcal landmarks and hemispherical asymmetry on the cortical surface, Kiho Im, Hang Joon Jo, Jean-François Mangin, Alan C Evans, Sun I Kim, Jong-Min Lee, 2010, Cerebral Cortex, 20(3), 602-611.
9. Defining functional SMA and pre-SMA subregions in human MFC using resting state fMRI: functional connectivity-based parcellation method, Jae-Hun Kim, Jong-Min Lee, Hang Joon Jo, Sook Hui Kim, Jung Hee Lee, Sung Tae Kim, Sang Won Seo, Robert W Cox, Duk L Na, Sun I Kim, Ziad S Saad, 2010, NeuroImage, 49(3), 2375-2386.
8*. Surface-based functional magnetic resonance imaging analysis of partial brain echo planar imaging data at 1.5 T, Hang Joon Jo1, Jong-Min Lee*, Jae-Hun Kim, Chi-Hoon Choi, Do-Hyung Kang, Jun Soo Kwon, Sun I Kim, 2009, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 27(5), 691-700.
7. Cortical network dynamics during source memory retrieval: Current density imaging with individual MRI, Young Youn Kim, Ah Young Roh, Yoon Namgoong, Hang Joon Jo, Jong‐Min Lee, Jun Soo Kwon, 2009, Human Brain Mapping, 30(1), 78-91.
6*. Artificial shifting of fMRI activation localized by volume-and surface-based analyses, Hang Joon Jo1, Jong-Min Lee*, Jae-Hun Kim, Chi-Hoon Choi, Bon-Mi Gu, Do-Hyung Kang, Jeonghun Ku, Jun Soo Kwon, Sun I Kim, 2008, NeuroImage, 40(3), 1077-1089.
5. Taq1A polymorphism in the dopamine D2 receptor gene predicts brain metabolic response to aripiprazole in healthy male volunteers, Euitae Kim, Jun Soo Kwon, Yong-Wook Shin, Jae Sung Lee, Won Jun Kang, Hang Joon Jo, Jong-Min Lee, Kyung-Sang Yu, Do-Hyung Kang, Joo-Youn Cho, In-Jin Jang, Sang-Goo Shin, 2008, Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, 18(2), 91-97.
4. Neural correlates of cognitive inflexibility during task-switching in obsessive-compulsive disorder, Bon-Mi Gu, Ji-Young Park, Do-Hyung Kang, Seung Jae Lee, So Young Yoo, Hang Joon Jo, Chi-Hoon Choi, Jong-Min Lee, Jun Soo Kwon, 2008, Brain, 131(1), 155-164.
3*. Spatial accuracy of fMRI activation influenced by volume-and surface-based spatial smoothing techniques, Hang Joon Jo1, Jong-Min Lee*, Jae-Hun Kim, Yong-Wook Shin, In-Young Kim, Jun Soo Kwon, Sun I Kim, 2007, NeuroImage, 34(2), 550-564.
2. Development of virtual environment for treating acrophobia, Jeonghun Ku, Dongpyo Jang, Minbo Shin, Hang Joon Jo, Heebum Ahn, Jaemin Lee, Baekhwan Cho, Sun I Kim, 2001, Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 81, 250-252.
1*. Development of virtual reality system for the treatment of fears of public speaking, Hang Joon Jo1, Jeonghun Ku, Dongpyo Jang, Minbo Shin, Heebum Ahn, Jaemin Lee, Baekhwan Cho, Sun I Kim*, Studies in health technology and informatics, 2001, 81, 209-211.